Health eFilings is seeking a Remote Haskell backend engineer for a full-time position located in Remote, US.
Our backend engineering team manages the ingestion and normalization of data sets, from data extraction through to product delivery. We want to work smarter instead of harder, and create domain specific languages, meta-programming etc. where possible.
Our current code base is written in Ruby and Coffee Script, but some new modules are being written in Haskell. You will be on the front lines of creating a Haskell-based infrastructure that is maintainable and can scale to support our needs as we grow.
WHAT WE WILL EXPECT FROM YOU
You will have ownership of an entire module, including responsibility for:
- Creating new features in a clean and maintainable way
- Re-factoring existing code to ensure that we stay agile
- Reviewing teammates’ code and providing feedback
- Keeping yourself focused and your projects on track
- An “I can run through walls” mentality to ensure that goals are met
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Autonomy to solve problems in the way you best see fit
- A manager who is accountable for ensuring you meet your professional goals
- A team who helps each other and always strives to improve
- The time to focus on creating the right solution, instead of the easiest one
- Professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Haskell
- A desire for continual self-improvement
- An understanding of best practices regarding maintainability and scalability
- Must have US work authorization and be located in the US (we cannot sponsor visas at this time)
- There are no formal education requirements for this position
- Experience with data scraping and parsing
This is expected to be a remote position, although our Madison, Wisconsin office is also available as a work location.
Please send a resume and relevant project of yours to apply-9010 [at] functionaljobs [dot] com