Chartboost is seeking a Software Engineer - Scala for a full-time position located in San Francisco, CA.
Chartboost is the world’s largest mobile games-only platform, helping developers grow their audience, monetize, and make better data-driven decisions. We work with 90% of the top-grossing iOS and Android game developers and are currently being leveraged by over 300,000 games, reaching 1 billion active players around the world every month. We offer a simple SDK enabling cross promotion, direct deals, and a mobile ad network - all with 100% transparency and full control for our users, empowering them to run campaigns when, where, and how they want.
We are proud of the product we have built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
About the Role:
Chartboost is looking for a strong backend engineer to join our core ad serving team, building the best advertising platform for mobile developers. Our ad server processes tens of thousands of requests per second and conducts a real-time auction, delivering the best ads users around the world, and we are building systems and components to help us scale 10x. You will own designing, developing, testing, and shipping several critical systems in the ad server and work closely with other teams within Chartboost such as Mobile SDK and Data teams to build world-class products.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years programming experience with Scala
- 4+ years programming experience with Java, C# or other modern languages
- Experience designing and developing large-scale distributed systems with tens of thousands of requests per second at low latency
- Ability to learn new technologies and evaluate multiple technologies to solve a problem
- NoSQL databases experience is a plus
- Experience in writing automated tests and shipping high quality systems
- Strong debugging and performance optimization skills
- MS or BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or highly relevant industry and development experience.
- The opportunity to help build a company with the founding team
- Stock Options - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance options
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program and 401k savings plan
- Flex Vacation – personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
To apply, click here: https://functionaljobs.com/apply/8996