AdGear is seeking a Backend Engineer for a full-time position located in Montreal, QC.
Who we are AdGear is an advertising technology company located in Montreal that has been recently acquired by Samsung Electronics, but operates as an independent, fully-owned subsidiary. This means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders located across the globe.
What you’ll do As a Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining components of a high-volume, distributed real-time bidding platform. This involves measuring and tuning high-performance, low-latency (soft-real-time) systems while working towards improved robustness and correctness. As a consequence, there will be opportunities to contribute to open source, conduct research and development, review code, and share knowledge.
You will be working with experienced, passionate programmers as part of the application team within a broader engineering organization with a strong technical culture.
Find out a bit about people you'll be working with at: http://github.com/adgear/team
You enjoy building things. You value craftsmanship in software (http://manifesto.softwarecraftsmanship.org). You enjoy reading code, and you're probably in the habit of reading the source for your dependencies.
Other things you probably enjoy or would be interested in learning
- computer architecture, particularly x86-64 performance
- distributed systems
- operating systems, especially the Linux kernel networking stack
- advanced data structures (succinct, probabilistic, multidimensional, et cetera)
- formal methods
- database implementation
- mechanical sympathy
- functional programming
Some of the tech we currently use
- C11, POSIX
Why work for AdGear? Here are some of the benefits of working with us
- Snacks and beer in the office
- Board games and Ping-Pong
- Company outings, roasts, and many more interesting things
- Yoga in the office once a week
- Referral bonus
- Discounts with several partners and vendors
- Samsung Employee Discounts for Samsung Products
- Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage
- Travel, Life, and Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program
- Group TFSA Program
To apply visit https://functionaljobs.com/apply/8995 or send your resume to apply-8995 [at] functionaljobs [dot] com