AdGear is seeking a Data Engineer for a full-time position located in Montreal, QC.
Who we are AdGear is an advertising technology company located in Montreal that has been recently acquired by Samsung Electronics, but operates as an independent, fully-owned subsidiary. This means that we get to work on big complex projects with stakeholders located across the globe.
What you’ll do As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining components of a large distributed system, relating to data analysis, transformation, and reporting, in support of a high-volume real-time bidding platform. There will be opportunities to conduct research and development, contribute to open source, review code, and share knowledge.
You will be working with experienced, passionate programmers as part of the application team within a broader engineering organization with a strong technical culture.
Find out a bit about people you'll be working with at: http://github.com/adgear/team
You enjoy building things. You value craftsmanship in software (http://manifesto.softwarecraftsmanship.org). You enjoy reading code, and you're probably in the habit of reading the source for your dependencies.
Other things you probably enjoy or would be interested in learning
- database implementation
- functional programming
- distributed systems
- advanced data structures (succinct, probabilistic, multidimensional, et cetera)
- formal methods
- computer architecture, particularly x86-64 performance
- mechanical sympathy
Some of the tech we currently use
- C11, POSIX
Some of the benefits of working with us
- Snacks and beer in the office Board
- games and Ping-Pong
- Company outings, roast, and many more interesting things
- Yoga in the office once a week
- Referral bonus
- Discount with several partners and vendors
- Samsung Employee Discounts for Samsung products
- Company-paid comprehensive extended health & dental coverage
- Travel, Life & Short/Long term disability Insurance
- Group RRSP Matching Program
- Group TFSA Program
To apply visit https://functionaljobs.com/apply/8994 or send your resume to apply-8994 [at] functionaljobs [dot] com