Workframe is seeking a Full stack Clojure(script) Engineer for a full-time position located in New York City.
Founded by Kevin Ryan (of Gilt Groupe, MongoDB and Business Insider) and three serial entrepreneurs in 2014, we are are leading the charge to modernize the antiquated commercial interiors industry. Workframe reduces the time and effort required to design, build, furnish and manage an amazing workplace so that our customers can focus on growing their businesses. Design decisions and facilities management can be handled more quickly, efficiently and affordably than ever before with our innovative collaboration tools, design technologies and our network of passionate professionals.
About the Role
We are always seeking talented full-stack software engineers to join us. We are a Clojure-centric organization (see stack below) and require candidates to have some exposure to the Clojure ecosystem and a desire to work in Clojure/script nearly full time. Engineers on our team play a critical role in developing infrastructure, user-facing features and contributing to our development culture. You will:
- Work closely with the product and design team to get new features out fast
- Learn and share functional programming techniques as we hone our tools and approaches
- Attack hard software problems at all levels of the stack
- Help ensure uptime, performance and user experience are delivered without compromise
Our stack is:
At Workframe, we seek to hire outstanding individuals who embody our DESIGN principles: our people are Diligent, Engaged, Scrappy, Innovative, Genuine and Nurturing. You’re a great fit if you enjoy tackling big problems head-on, take your work seriously (but not yourself), do your best when collaborating with others and thrive in a team-oriented environment.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5 years or more of software engineering experience
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Love, or at least deep affection for functional programming
- Ability to think on your feet and express yourself in code
- Prior startup experience where rapid prototyping is balanced with solid, scalable platform engineering
- Ability to thrive in a (lowercase) agile environment guided by just-enough process
- Passion for quality software, techniques and processes to accomplish continuous improvement
- An appetite for DevOps and automation; everyone pitches in!
- Extra consideration for people experienced with Datomic
Please apply here: https://functionaljobs.com/apply/8990