Euclid Analytics is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer for a full-time position located in San Francisco, CA.
We are looking to add a senior individual contributor to the backend engineering team! Our team is responsible for creating and maintaining the infrastructure that powers the Euclid Analytics Engine. We leverage a forward thinking and progressive stack built in Scala and Python, with an infrastructure that uses Mesos, Spark and Kafka. As a senior engineer you will build out our next generation ETL pipeline. You will need to use and build tools to interact with our massive data set in as close to real time as possible. If you have previous experience with functional programming and distributed data processing tools such as Spark and Hadoop, then you would make a great fit for this role!
- Partnering with the data science team to architect and build Euclid’s big data pipeline
- Building tools and services to maintain a robust, scalable data service layer
- Leverage technologies such as Spark and Kafka to grow our predictive analytics and machine learning capabilities in real time
- Finding innovative solutions to performance issues and bottlenecks
- Help build and scale our internal and external Python APIs
- At least 3 years industry experience in a full time role utilizing Scala or other modern functional programming languages (Haskell, Clojure, Lisp, etc.)
- Database management experience (MySQL, Redis, Cassandra, Redshift, MemSQL)
- Experience with big data infrastructure including Spark, Mesos, Scalding and Hadoop
- Excited about data flow and orchestration with tools like Kafka and Spark Streaming
- Have experience building production deployments using Amazon Web Services or Heroku’s Cloud Application Platform
- B.S. or equivalent in Computer Science or another technical field
Apply with resume at: https://functionaljobs.com/apply/8980 OR Send resume to stephanie [at] euclidanalytics [dot] com