McGraw-Hill Education is seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Functional) for a full-time position located in Boston.
Posted August 28
This Senior Software Engineer position is with the new LearnSmart team at McGraw-Hill Education's new and growing Research & Development center in Boston's Innovation District. We make software that helps college students study smarter, earn better grades, and retain more knowledge.
The LearnSmart adaptive engine powers the products in our LearnSmart Advantage suite — LearnSmart, SmartBook, LearnSmart Achieve, LearnSmart Prep, and LearnSmart Labs. These products provide a personalized learning path that continuously adapts course content based on a student’s current knowledge and confidence level.
On our team, you'll get to:
- Move textbooks and learning into the digital era
- Create software used by millions of students
- Advance the state of the art in adaptive learning technology
- Make a real difference in education
If you're interested in functional languages like Scala, Swift, Erlang, Clojure, F#, Lisp, Haskell, and OCaml, then you'll enjoy learning Flow. We don't require that you have previous experience with functional programming, only enthusiasm for learning it. But if you do have some experience with functional languages, so much the better! (On-the-job experience is best, but coursework, personal projects, and open-source contributions count too.)
We require only that you:
- Have a solid grasp of CS fundamentals (languages, algorithms, and data structures)
- Be comfortable moving between multiple programming languages
- Be comfortable with modern software practices: version control (Git), test-driven development, continuous integration, Agile
Send resume to apply-8737 [at] functionaljobs [dot] com