Zalora is seeking a Haskell Developer for a full-time position located in Singapore/remote.
Posted January 21
Full-time Position in Pure Haskell
ZALORA was founded in early 2012, offering clothes and accessories online in 7 Southeast Asian countries. It has grown steadily, reaching its millionth order in May 2013. We're now looking to double the size of our Haskell team.
The Haskell team works in parallel to our existing PHP developers. Your job will be to disassemble our legacy LAMP architecture (PHP, MySQL, Memcache, Solr) and build a Haskell-based service-oriented architecture in its place. This means working across the full stack, from system-level tools to web-based interfaces, depending on your expertise and area of interest.
Most of the team is here in Singapore. We help with relocation but allow remote work as well.
Our Development Philosophy
- Build modular and simple systems.
- Apply purely functional principles, even outside of Haskell code.
- Build properly, however long it takes (no deadlines).
- No regular hours, no dress code, no status report meetings.
- Freedom to make technical choices and influence the architecture.
- Release your code as Open Source—if you can generalize it.
We will hire almost purely based on your code quality and experience. Experience with functional programming is a must.
- Your Github profile or code samples AND/OR
- The code for the selection task below. We promise feedback within 72 hours.
Write a FastCGI or HTTP server in Haskell that provides a restful API for managing an inventory of shoes:
- GET a shoe as an HTML page listing the shoe details, where the photo is served as an <img> tag with "src" pointing to a path on the local filesystem (i.e. the photo must be accessible as a local file, not as a data URI).
- GET a list of shoes as an HTML page with hyperlinks to all available shoes.